Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Old Friends...

Yesterday hubby and I did a rare thing... we walked around the local mall. So many things had changed or relocated since we were last there (spring, I think?). New stores, GONE stores, etc were a marvel to us.

As we were leaving, I spotted a familiar face in the next kiosk and I ran to get a good HUG from my OLD FRIEND, Candace Brown. She told me her new married name; we chatted a few minutes and marveled that each of us had been thinking of each other recently. I had no idea how to contact her since her marriage. Now I can at least look her up!

I encouraged her to come see us at the church again. We genuinely love and miss her. Its been a LONG time since we heard from her (over ten years) and longer since we last saw her. It was good just seeing her and getting a hug. I hope we can see her again soon!

Proverbs 17:17  A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

2 comments:

preacher said...

It was a blessing to see Candy and her son Curtis again. I'm glad they are doing well and seem happy.

Truth and Blessings said...

This is so weird. I have been thinking about Candy recently and praying for her. Hope she will come to church soon.