Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! Giving more thanks...

Isn't today just a WONDERFUL day that the Lord has made?

I just finished the pie making with Joy EARLY this morning. I am SO THANKFUL for daughters who are sharing the big job of meal preparation when we have a big event for our BIG FAMILY. Truly its a blessing to share the load. Over the years we have fallen into a pattern of who prepares which part of the meal, and this year Joy decided to try her hand at pie making (normally Ruth's contribution to the meal, but she won't be with us today). So all of us planned to bring pies and Joy came early to learn how to make my "tart" lemon meringue pies, my specialty that developed over the years. She did an AWESOME JOB!  [We hit a few snags when we discovered that my sugar supply was almost depleted and we had to borrow some very early.] But we finished by 6:30 AM and were able to play a hand of cribbage over a cup of tea before she went home to spend the morning with her two boys. (She won!)

Brunch?  Looks like mincemeat pie is on the menu for our mid day meal, since early dinner at 2:00 is too long to wait for food... yummy day in store!

Have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones! See you!

UPDATE: Dinner done and food and fellowship was GREAT! After the meal, Sally beat me in a hand of cribbage... so I am on a SLIDE! Twice in a day! (Just wait!)

3 comments:

Alice said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
We have been watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, but I now need to get started on my green bean cassorole. MMM. See you for the BIG meal in a couple of hours.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing the recipe on to me, even if I did have to get up at 4:30am! But it was worth it, since I also got to beat you at cribbage and enjoy a cup of tea! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lindsey Armstrong said...

I had a piece of that pie at Alice's house it was YUMMY!