Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peace Sign... NOT for ME!

Forgive me if you don't agree... this is from my heart!

Often lately I see people flashing the "V" 2-finger sign or wearing the broken upside down cross "peace" emblem. It is usually a painful reminder of my high school days, and losing dear friends and classmates in a war that could have been won years earlier!

Why the pain? I grew up in the Viet Nam "non-war" era. [I call it a "NON-WAR" because war was never declared... it was an attempt to overthrow a Communist regime from a defenseless people!]

I prayed for our troops, did what I could to encourage the few men I knew in the fight, and hated to see our precious U.S. flag being burned by hippies flaunting their two-fingered "peace sign" while they acted "unpeacefully". They shouted anti-American, anti-troop slogans, and turned our peaceful country upside down with their rioting! They definitely were NOT "peaceful" protesters! The fighting men returned and felt unloved and even hated by these "peace promoting" protests. Many took the pain seriously and could not readjust to their lives back home. Some committed suicide or succumbed to serious depressions.

Today's generation did not live in that painful time... but I remember it well. It still hurts me to see people use that hateful NON-peaceful sign today, while they call it an "innocent" gesture.

Innocent? They must not be aware of the awful symbolism it promoted! Ask the thousands of survivors of that horrid Non-war, or the families of those who paid the ultimate price! These signs are NOT innocent! They are emblems of a riotous generation who purported the overthrow of our wonderful country!

I LOVE America! I love her flag, her "In God We Trust" currency and her faithful fighting troops who still "DIE" to keep us safe every day!

Please don't show me the PEACE emblem as if its "ONLY A PEACE SIGN". At one time it represented VICTORY, but it became so much worse in the 60's. It's still a sign of anarchy and rebellion! How soon we forget our history!
I believe its still anti-American!

God Bless America!

Peace sign

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

3 comments:

Truth and Blessings said...

I couldn't have said it any better...and it sure needed to be said. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sorry for the comment in the wrong place... but you told me you have a new haircut and that it is in a photo... where? You don't have an avatar at the moment and no photo in your user area.

I'm dying to see it. Point me to the right spot.

(And so I get it about the peace sign. Lots of memories with these things. We're at that age, huh?)

B.E.Hughes said...

Ro.... posted avatar info in your hairdo blog. See SG for my avatar.