Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
- My salvation... (don't leave home... or earth... without it!) and my church!
- My family... well, everyone knows ten numbers won't cover each one by name, so I will start with my three remaining siblings who give me nieces, nephews, etc. to love and pray for.
- My spouse who gives me way more than I will ever deserve.
- My four lovely daughters and best friends... who love me in spite of me.
- My nineteen growing and glowing grandchildren, of all ages (well, 2-almost 20, anyway).
- My special times with aforementioned grandchildren, who never cease to amaze me with their mental, spiritual and physical growth. This often makes me recall some of the unusual things I would think up, too! They keep you on your toes!
- Sons "by law" that have become SONS in the flesh, that someone else "grew up" for us!
- My computer with internet... who knew? Friends across the world at your fingertips!
- My health, both mental and physical... I enjoy it while I have it! I won't take it for granted!
- MY BIBLE! Oh, yeah (thought I forgot, didn't you?)... like air, ya GOTTA have it! Makes the day so much better (and gives some good answers for those inquisitive youngun's)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
I woke up at "Amy's House"...
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Several times each week I monitor homework with my teenage grandsons before their mom gets home from work. We have some curious conversations prior to getting down to business.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
"We are painting ourselves to death. Hope you will pray for us often...
Yesterday we tackled spraying the building inside, but found the sprayer not clean from previous usage by other party. Hose completely blocked with dry paint. With plans to paint the light first coat by early afternoon so the evening crew could put a final coat on, this is how the day actually went.
- Day started at 3:30 am. Rise and Walk
- Planned to start painting at 10 am, so we were at Home Depot (HD) at 8 am with 2 vehicles for ceiling tiles, 5 big buckets of paint. Hmm... no paint available in that finish in Gig Harbor store.
- Drop tiles at office, and both vehicles to Silverdale store for more tiles, and hopefully paint. (now 9:30)
- Store has lots of tiles, all the final coat paint. Head back with all of it (NOTE: now have 4 veh trips to HD in just under 2 hr... Keep count, as it gets interesting)
- Back at office at 11, and we cannot locate the manual for sprayer.
- 11:30 Go home for early lunch and call around to "Borrowers" to trace the missing manual
- 1:00 Return to office to paint after a "power nap"
- still no manual, but have some memory of use. Stir paint, prepare area and start spraying... clogged line
- 2:00 to Home Depot, Gig Harbor again. Get spayer nozzle (after locating the ONLY paint clerk) (trip 5)
- ($135 and several hours later, it's now 2:45. Hook new spray gun to NEW hose and the new gun pours paint out of fittings, and nothing from sprayer worth using!
- 3:30 Cannot use new gun. Clean and return it to HD by 4 PM (trip 6)
- 4:30 Return to office and find Mr Hughes has cleaned original spray gun with solvent, per rental store help (WE own the machine, but they have been SO helpful!)
- Manual has been located and delivered...so helpful!
- 5:PM, workers arrive to spray second layer and find the first just starting. Workers start rolling on the "recycled paint" provided by Mr Turk. By now it has clogged the sprayer so badly, I am sent to HD to get MORE PAINT, drywall primer, to replace donated paint, which can still be rolled on, but not sprayed. (trip 7)
- 8:30 PM Ran out of primer. Run to HD again (trip 8: Store clerks now ask, "are you STILL HERE?" and "are you BACK AGAIN?" LOL)
- 9 PM still painting, but workers dropping off fast. Finish almost the big room, back rooms, 2 baths, most of hall, some beams. (TIRED.. Hubby now lame)
- 10 PM home at last, too painful to sleep. Still lame."
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
I'm tagged, I'm it?!? I hate this! It might be my only blog entry! (Thanks, Alice!)